Saturday, July 3, 2010

PBC 2010: What it Meant to Me

Well, well, well. It's been a while, hasn't it? I've kind of been putting off blogging simply because so much has been happening in the past two weeks. First I went to Palmetto Bible Camp for a week (of which I could write pages about every single day!), then I was home for less than 24 hours before I left to go to that pre-college creative writing camp at Coker College for a week (of which I could also write pages for every day!) I just got home a few hours ago. Oh, how I love being busy. :)

One of the best things about PBC this year was that Brian and Kristy Gray were able to come!! I was so happy when I saw them there! I loved getting to sit and talk with them throughout to week! :D Both of them are wonderful examples to me and others, and I'm glad to have them in my life!

Another great thing about camp this year was that we had 4 baptisms! The theme was 'Acts'tion Packed, so lots of the lessons really focused on conversions. I think that was beneficial to not only those 4, but to many others as well. It was kinda funny that Acts was our topic this year since we've been studying the book of Acts in our Sunday morning Bible class here at North Charleston. :) Macy won the individual Bible Bowl this year! Congratulations, Mae! Our team of Macy, Kimberly, Taylor, and I won the team part. Yay! We had an unfair advantage, though. ;) haha

We had lots of new people at PBC second week this year! Some friends we met at the Duncan youth rally last year who weren't at 2nd week last year got to come, so we enjoyed their company. :) I loved mealtimes at camp because we always got to sit outside instead of in the dining hall with Katrina, Kimberly, Michael, Macy, Kierra, and other good friends and have lovely (strange) conversations and just have a good time there together.

We had the most unproductive free time ever this year. Rest time was right before free time, so most days we got 1 1/2 or 2 hour naps. It was simply amazing. When we did wake up, we usually went and sat upstairs in the air conditioned ping pong room and just talked or played cards. Unproductive=awesome. :) Especially when air conditioning is involved.

Also on the top of the list for PBC 2010...we didn't have to clean the nasty, gross, disgusting bath house!!!!! :D Woo! Dining Hall cleaning is MUCH preferred.

One of the most precious things to me about going to Bible Camp has always been the singing. We do a LOT of singing at PBC to praise the Lord, and it is so uplifting! I just love it! We've been learning new songs the past couple of years, and I'm still trying to get used to them. At 2nd week, they have singing class where the male campers (and some staff) volunteer to lead a song, and I really like that because it gives young boys a chance to just try it if they haven't before. It's really great to see them having the courage to lead in the Lord's worship even if they aren't the most outgoing person or the best singer. :)

Campfires. I feel like I've been saying the words 'favorite' and 'best' way to much in this posting, but campfires are another of those. Have you ever just stared into the middle of a fire and tried to comprehend it's awesomeness? Cause it's pretty awesome. :P And then you add singing to a campfire...and viola! A perfect night.

Paintball. :D <3>

After we left camp, I kept thinking I saw PBC people everywhere I went. I'd turn around and be like, 'Hey, there's...oh wait, that's not them.' I miss them! :'( Next year is my last year as a camper. Imagine that!

Well that's all, folks!

~Bef


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog