Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm Excited! And On An Unrelated Note, It's Day 8.

Today's theme is a song I know all the words to. :D This one is really fun to sing along with. I used to get tongue tied a lot on it because it's kind of fast, but I've gotten the hang of it.



Love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I'm waking up at 4 AM to go to the airport to go to Linden, Guyana, South America!! :D And I couldn't be more excited!! Much to early to be awake, but it's worth it. I'm all finished packing...I think. I took my suitcase to the airport earlier to weigh it just to see and it was 56 pounds. 6 pounds overweight. So I transfered my hairdryer and some clothes to my carry ons. Hopefully that fixed it. I'm so bad at overpacking. D:

I'm excited to...

See the preacher Nigel and his wife and son

See my good friend Staci who I met last year along with other lovely people from the mission group that I met last year

See the many wonderful Guyanese people I met last year

Have discussions around the dinner table about our day

See giant, multicolored crickets

Eat Guyanese fruit

Look at the lovely landscape

See rainbows almost every day

Sing!!

Play cards with roomies

Assist in teaching class

Learn from classes taught by others

Learn from the examples of others

Sit in on Bible studies to gain more experience

Laugh a lot

Go to the market

Relax in the air conditioned house

Go on an aiplane

Witness baptisms

Be encouraged

Encourage

And much more!


And what am I not excited about?

Sharing a bathroom

The preposterous heat

The headaches that come along with the heat

Hurting feet

Daily power outages

Poor water pressure in the shower

Outhouses

No sleep (or not enough anyway)



Obviously, the good far outweighs the bad! :)

And thank you for your prayers! <3


~Bef

2 comments:

  1. That was strangely entertaining. Can you sing the opening to Talk on Indolence though??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song was strangely entertaining or the rest of my post? I don't even know that song. I'll go look it up...no, I cannot. Yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog