Thursday, December 23, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

If only. *sigh* If you can believe it, I actually had to turn the *air conditioning* in my car on yesterday! December 22, even in Charleston, should not be that warm! My, oh my...

We're making progress on the redecorating going on in my house since it's break and all. I think we've decided on a color scheme consisting of blue, green, and brown for the living room. My dad and I sanded the floor some more today. We're finally getting our wood floors back! Personally, I like them much better than carpet.

The other day I was watching tv (this isn't completely off topic, though it sounds like it) and the picture just wasn't that clear, and I couldn't figure out why. When it got turned off I could see a nice, fine coat of sawdust on it. It was lovely. :P

We've never done this before, so I'm just finding out how ridiculously expensive decorating is! It's horrible! We bought this one pillow for our couch, just to base the colors for paint and such off of it, and it was 13 dollars! ONE pillow. Yeah. The price for all the fixtures for one large window (actually 2 windows beside each other) can get bank-breakingly high as well. Let's see...

2 window scarves: $20
1 curtain rod: &20
2 sets of decent blinds: $40
2 sets of the actual curtains: $30

One cozy room: PRICELESS ;)

So when it's almost 100 bucks to dress the windows in one room of our house, plus it's Christmas, plus we're painting walls, adding decorations, redoing floors, getting a rug, AND doing a couple other rooms, too...yeah, it can get stifling. Slowly but surely...hopefully it will be done before I leave for college so I can see it all! I'm excited for it to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog