Friday, December 24, 2010

Ho ho ho!!

It's Christmas Eve! I just love Christmas, even if it can't be white. All the presents are wrapped and under the tree. It looks so pretty! I think it's funny how we (as a society) build up to Christmas for like three months, starting before even Halloween, and then it's just one day...and it's gone. That's why I like to think of the whole month of December as Christmas instead of just the one day. :D

I usually know almost everything that I'm going to open on Christmas morning before...well, Christmas morning, but not this year! Yay! I hate when there are no surprises! That ruins all the fun, right? So this year, I'm a bit more excited than usual partly because of the added suspense, and also because I'm cooking the entire Christmas dinner! I love cooking! What are we having?

Well, first of all, each of the 4 people in my family gets their own cornish hen all to themselves! We could've gotten some giant turkey or something, but everything is cuter when it's mini-sized! Then we're going to have rice and mushroom stuffing to go with those. There's a cherry cheesecake cooling at this very moment, and there will also be green bean casserole.

We don't always get to spend Christmas with our big family like a lot of people do because they live so far away! This time, they were all getting together in Texas. It takes 2 full days to drive to Texas (yes, drive). Also, we couldn't really afford that right now, especially with redoing the house as I talked about yesterday. I have been away for Christmas for the past 2 years, so it's nice to be home this year anyway. :)

Have a wonderful day today, tomorrow, and every day after that! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog