Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Today is wonderful! It's raining outside, I had coffee, and I have a kitty curled up in my lap!


This one! <3>

On another note, I didn't get the job at Black & Decker. I'm fine with that since I didn't really want to work there anyways. I have another job interview next Tuesday at Journey's. I hope the Fudgery calls me. I would love to work there.

Friday before last we had a teen devo at Gary and Christy's house. We hadn't had one in a long time, so it was nice. I attempted to make cupcakes from scratch...eh-hem...attempted. ;) The peanut butter frosting was good, anyways. I'll try again later.



They look harmless enough, right? ;)

At least they were pretty.

Last Sunday I went to a gas station to use the vacuum to clean out my car (why in the world does 'vacuum' have two u's??), and it astounded me. I didn't even get the whole car vacuumed before my time was up and it shut off. I took the floor rugs out and beat them on things to get the dirt out...every time a new cloud of dirt would fly off. I beat it on the curb, the telephone stand thing, and...well, the back of my car (silly me). So the back of my car was caked with dirt. The inside of my car is cleaner than it was (WOO!), but I bet I could still get clouds of dirt out of the rugs.

I played a whole game of Monopoly yesterday! Can you believe it! :O

Kierra and I both want to lose weight, so we're working on it together. We've been trying to eat healthier things, eat smaller portions, and drink more water. We have also been working out every day (except Sunday...that's our day off). I just recently got a treadmill and an exercise bike in my house. Yesterday I ran/walked on it for 45 minutes! That's 15 more than my previous record. I ran for 7 or 8 minutes straight once! I think my previous time for that was 4 minutes straight. I then proceeded to use the exercise bike for 30 minutes. Half the time I used the pedals and not the seat (like an elliptical) and the other half I just biked. I was very proud of my hour and 15 minutes. :) Current weight: 145 pounds. I'll let you know if that improves.

There are now 18 days till we leave for Bible Camp! I've been getting excited about being there and all the fun we have. There is one thing I'm dreading, though...the sun. I HATE hot weather. D: But I supposed it's worth it. After that, Guyana. There are now 43 days till I leave for South America. I can hardly contain myself! Every time I see a plane, I get more and more excited. I have raised over half of my money now, which is good. 80% is due by June 15. Even if I don't get it, some other people have gotten extra that can cover where I am lacking. I can't wait!! <3


Fare thee well,

~Bef










2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Good for you on the exercise! I wish I had the motivation to exercise. Man... I am such a slacker. You're making me feel bad, STOP!

    :(

    I hope you get your preferred job soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Well it's hard to motivate yourself to start, but trust me, if you can get past that, you won't want to stop. It's easier to convince yourself to keep going rather than convince yourself to begin. :)

    But you're definitely not a slacker. I don't have a family to take care of, and you do a great job there and have your hands full. ;)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog